Looking for Northeast Philadelphia Pennsylvania for Rent?
Northeast Philadelphia in the state of Pennsylvania is a large area to the northeast of the center city of Philadelphia. Some of the most popular Northeast Philly neighborhoods include Somerton, Bustleton, Fox Chase, Bustleton, Pennypack, and Bells Corner, to name a few.
Why is Northeast Philadelphia Pennsylvania Popular for Rent?
Northeast Philly is a sprawling area of lush greenery, meandering trails and parks, bustling Northeast Philly eateries, and charming homes. Home to a myriad of cultures that have settled in the area over centuries, the area is warm and inviting. But why exactly is Northeast Philly so popular to rent?
- Rental costs in Northeast are significantly more affordable than the Center City – 129% cheaper than the heart of Center City.
- Smooth commute to work via private or public transport, and easy access to highway
- Some of the City of Philadelphia’s best and most diverse eateries including Middle Eastern, Indian, American, South American, Asian, Chinese, Thai, Japanese, Korean, Italian and cheesesteak spots are located in the NE Philly
- Offers a good balance between city and suburban life without the burden of long home-to-work commutes
- Large selection of national and regional grocery stores, along with a number of boutique grocery stores, in nearly all of NE Philly’s neighborhoods
- Plenty of gyms, indoor and outdoor activities for fitness enthusiasts and families
- Large number of sport fields and recreation centers providing opportunities to participate in organized youth sports for kids including Football, Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Softball, Cheerleading, Hockey, and more.
- Easy access to Center City and Near By Suburbs of Montgomery County and Bucks County…and more
- Green Space – the area has among the most tree coverage in the entire City
Which Northeast Philly Neighborhood is Right for You?
Northeast Philadelphia is made up of several neighborhoods. Each neighborhood has its own charm and character. For example, Pennypack is filled with lush greenery, which is the perfect choice for nature lovers or for outdoor adventurers while Fox Chase has a quaint attraction, which may be a good choice for those who prefer a more rural feel. Bustleton offers a great mix of urban meets suburban.
Before you decide, it’s important that you research each neighborhood thoroughly to decide which one you want to live in based on your lifestyle, needs, and expectations.
Does Northeast Philadelphia have Apartments for Rent?
The short answer is yes. Northeast Philadelphia may not have the same density of apartments as the Center City, but there are numerous choices to choose.
Popular choices range between one and three-bedroom apartments (with one and two bedrooms being the most popular). The average price of a Northeast Philly 1 Bedroom is $925 and the average price of a Northeast Philly 2 Bedroom is $1,140.
The most popular neighborhoods book up faster so find the best neighborhood for you. Also, amenities and quality of apartments vary considerably in the Northeast. For example, the most desirable apartments in the Northeast Philadelphia Pennsylvania include:
- Central air
- Large Windows
- Swimming Pools
- Concrete Floors and Ceilings (for sound control)
- Large Open Floor Plans
From affordability to sprawling green spaces to easy access to Center City, Northeast Philadelphia in Pennsylvania has plenty of advantages if you’re looking to rent an apartment in the Northeast.