What are the best neighborhoods in Northeast Philadelphia? Northeast Philadelphia, like much of the rest of Philadelphia, has exploded in popularity. In fact, some of the neighborhoods in Northeast Philly are ranked the top 10 hottest affordable neighborhoods in the entire country by Redfin.
Proximity to center city, cuisine from around the world, family-friendly activities, affordability, and many other benefits of NE Philly, are making the Northeast increasingly desirable.
But just where in NE Philly are the best neighborhoods? The answer depends largely on what you are looking for and what’s best for you and your family, but among those that locals generally pay a premium for are those neighborhoods West of Roosevelt boulevard with some exceptions. See a list (below) of top neighborhoods in Northeast Philadelphia.*
• Bustleton – Ranked 4th best neighborhood in Philadelphia per StreetAdvsior.com. Bustleton also received national press and was recently ranked #6 hottest affordable neighborhood in the entire country. Median home value around $234,000 (per niche.com)
• Fox Chase – Ranked 5th best neighborhood in Philadelphia per StreetAdvsior.com. Fox Chase also received national press and was recently ranked #9 hottest affordable neighborhood in the entire country. Median home value $201,000 (per niche.com)
• Pennypack Park – Ranked 3rd best neighborhood in Philadelphia per StreetAdvisor.com. Median home value $209,000 (per niche.com)
• Rhawnhurst – Rhawnhurst on StreetAdvisor.com Median home value $183,575 (per niche.com)
• Somerton – Somerton on StreetAdvisor.com Median home value $231,000 (per niche.com).
• Holmesburg – Ranked 19th best neighborhood in Philadelphia per StreetAdvisor.com. Median home value $120,189 (per niche.com)
For help finding the right apartment in Northeast Philadelphia, check out this article on our website.
*Please Note: Links are to third-party sites (www.streetadvisor.com and niche.com) and are provided for your convenience only.
We do not control the links or endorse the accuracy of the content. Do your own research to see what’s best for you.