Northeast Philadelphia is a great place to live with plenty of open spaces, excellent lifestyle amenities, popular eateries, easy access to public transport and major highways connecting residents to workplaces, and more. If you are looking to rent here, you probably want to know how much to budget for. This guide lets you know the average rent in Northeast Philadelphia.
What size apartment are you looking for?
The rent you pay will depend on how big your apartment is and where it is located. Here are some average rents to consider –
- The average 1-bedroom apartment for rent in Northeast Philadelphia is $925 per month.
- The average 2-bedroom apartment for rent in Northeast Philadelphia is $1,140 per month.
These apartment averages in the Northeast of the city are based on the following zip codes – 19111 (Fox Chase), 19115 (Bustleton), 19116 (Somerton), 19152 (Rhawnhurst), and 19154 (Northeast/Parkwood). These average rents are significantly cheaper than downtown areas like University City, Center City, and Rittenhouse Square.
What to consider when looking for an apartment in Northeast Philly?
There are plenty of considerations if you are looking for an apartment in Northeast Philadelphia. Here are some questions you should ask yourself first as they all factor into how much the rent is probably going to be –
- How many bedrooms do you need? 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom, or 3 bedroom
- How large an apartment do you want? For example, are you okay with a 700-square-foot 2-bedroom or would you prefer a 1,000+ square foot 2-bedroom? Ask what apartment sizes are available.
- Do you need central air or are you okay with window air conditioner units?
- Do you need a private entrance or do you want a common hallway and elevator building?
- Do you want a building built with concrete floors and ceilings for sound control and fire safety, or are you okay with a building that is built with wood framing?
- Do you want a balcony or are you okay without a balcony?
- Do you need easy access to shops, schools, and recreational facilities?
- Do you need on-site amenities such as a swimming pool?
When you’re on the hunt for an apartment rental, it’s so important to consider as much as possible so you can find a space that is as close to your lifestyle needs as possible.
*Based on data from a leading online tool. Data pulled in 2020