What are apartment amenities?
Apartment amenities are additional and often desirable products, features or services that an apartment complex makes available to its residents. These can be community / shared amenities such as a swimming pool or gym, or these can be personal in-unit amenities such as a washer/dryer or balcony.
Examples of Amenities:
Examples of community amenities include:
- Swimming pools
- Fitness center
- Billiards Table
- Outdoor areas like playgrounds, walking paths, pet-friendly spaces and parks
- Valet trash
- Surveillance cameras
- Green surrounding neighborhood
- Building Wi-Fi
- Party room
- Package lockers
- Covered parking
- Bike parking
- Social area or rooftop garden
Examples of in-unit amenities include:
- Washer and Dryer in-unit
- High-end finishes and fixtures
- Central air conditioning and heating
- Smart home
- Security systems and intercom
- Large bathtubs
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Online rent options
What Are some of the Popular Amenities
In-unit popular amenities
The most popular in-unit amenities include: Washer/Dryer In-Unit, Central Heating and Cooling, Walk In Closet, Balcony, Dishwasher.
Community popular Amenities
The most popular community amenities include: swimming pool, parking, gyms/fitness centers, dog park areas.
Check out this brief summary video below.
What Amenities Do I Want?
Ultimately, the type of amenities you want will depend on your hobbies and lifestyle. For example, are you a fitness guru? Then perhaps a fitness center will be appealing to you. Do you enjoy swimming? A pool within the complex may be the ideal amenity addition.
Are apartment amenities worth it?
Most people think they are. It depends on your lifestyle. All things being equal, it’s better to live in an apartment with amenities than not, in case you change your mind later. Of course everyone’s situation is different, so decide what’s best for you.
Are apartment amenities usually included in rent?
That varies, but all things being equal, usually they are with few exceptions. Some amenities may be free for the apartment residents to use, while others may cost money. If you intend to rent, it is important to check the cost of amenities beforehand so you are not caught surprised later. Typically, apartment complexes will charge a one time amenity fee of $100 to $500.
What are the Benefits of Amenities?
The biggest benefit to good amenities is quality of life. For example,
- Parks give you the chance to unwind and relax without having to leave the comfort of your apartment complex.
- Clubhouses allow you to meet other residents and make friends with the people who live around you.
- A fitness or pool area can give you the opportunity to work on your health and wellness goals.
- An in-unit washer/dryer allows you to finish loads of laundry without having to share the space with others.
- An in-unit dishwasher allows you to get your dishes done quickly and efficiently, while central air conditioning or heating keeps the place comfortably cool or warm depending on the season.
- Local dog parks are ideal for getting your pet outside without having to worry about issues like traffic.
- A rooftop garden or party area can create a sense of a community with all residents coming together every once in a while.
Having access to these amenities can make a huge impact on your lifestyle. And the best part is you don’t have to travel anywhere for them if you have access to them in your apartment or apartment complex.
If you are looking to rent an apartment and having access to good amenities is important to you, make sure you search for places that meet your specific lifestyle needs.