As the largest independent academic medical center in Philly, Einstein Medical Center trains more than 450 residents across 40 programs, including Urology, Pediatrics, Neurology, Family Medicine, and more.
Once you landed your dream residency program, you need to begin your search for an apartment near the Einstein Medical Center in Philadelphia. We have some suggested ways to go about doing that.
Narrow Your Geographic Options
First, figure out which of the Einstein locations (3 locations) your residency is located at, and then you decide how far you are willing to travel and which Philadelphia neighborhood is best for you. The good news is, whether you are at the Philadelphia or Elkins Park location, they are each only about 4 miles away from the other. If you need to travel between the two, that should be a consideration as well.
Locations Focused On**
- Einstein Medical Center Philadelphia – 5501 Old York Road, Philadelphia, PA 19141
- Einstein Medical Center Elkins Park – 60 Township Line Road Elkins Park PA 19027
Philadelphia Or Elkins Park Location
If you are looking for apartments at either the Philadelphia or Elkins Park location, you should at least consider renting in the Far Northeast of Philadelphia. It’s about a 15 to 25-minute drive from Northeast Philadelphia to either one of those locations.
Some of the benefits of deciding to rent in the Far Northeast section of the city include:
- Reasonable Drive at Lower Prices – The Far Northeast Philadelphia (also referred to by locals as ‘NE Philly’) has among the most affordable apartment costs for rentals with great value.
- Balconies – Few apartments near the Philadelphia location (19141 zip code) or Elkins Park location have balconies, but you can get that in the Far Northeast.
- Swimming Pools – Few apartments near the Philadelphia location (19141 zip code) or Elkins Park location have swimming pools, but you can get this in the Far Northeast.
- Great International Food Scene – if you are coming from out of the country or simply enjoy great international cuisines, whether Russian, Indian, Uzbek, American, Chinese, Japanese, Korean or others, you can access all of that and more in Northeast Philadelphia. Check out our post on Northeast Philadelphia Restaurants and also another article in the Philadelphia Inquirer on Northeast Philadelphia Restaurants.
- Parks – Living in Northeast Philly gives you easy access to lots of parks, including the very large and green Pennypack Park. When you get a break from working, access to parks can be great to have.
- Easy Parking – Parking in Northeast Philadelphia is usually free and most places have ample parking.
- Neighborhood – Do your own research and come visit all locations in person, but check out this article on 7 Reasons to Rent in Northeast Philadelphia.
- Close to Both Elkins Park and Philadelphia Locations – Depending on where you live, you can be close to both Elkins Park and Philadelphia locations from the Northeast, with easy access to I-95 and Center City.
We may be biased, but our apartments in Northeast Philadelphia are extremely well located, and offer all of these amenities and more, including central air, the potential for an in-unit washer/dryer, resident accessible surveillance system, concrete floors and ceilings for sound control and fire safety, and more.
Feel free to explore other Philadelphia neighborhoods and apartments in the immediate vicinity of your residency as well, but you should at least consider the value that Northeast Philadelphia can bring. Visit others and then our apartments (call us in the upper right corner) so you can experience the difference.
** There is a third location known as the Einstein Medical Center Montgomery County – 559 West Germantown Pike East Norriton PA 19403 which is outside the focus of this article