With chilling temperatures, strong winds, and snow, it is that time of year again! While some enjoy creating an igloo, a snowman, or perhaps some ice-skating, there is nothing quite like staying warm. Today, we wanted to share some fun and warm activities right here in Philadelphia. Let us know what you think!
1) Philadelphia Auto Show: Head down to the Pennsylvania Convention Center and check out the Philadelphia Auto Show. Whether you’re a car enthusiast or not, this show is famous and features over 700 vehicles – old and new – from over 40 different manufacturers.
Where: 1101 Arch Street Philadelphia, PA 19107
When: January 28, 2017 – February 5, 2017
Pro Tip: Able to visit during the weekday? Some local car dealerships offer coupons that are valid for weekday viewings.
2) Jurassic World: The Exhibition: The Franklin Institute strikes again. Check out this reenactment of Jurassic World and come face to face with some of the most famous dinosaurs.
Where: The Franklin Institute 222 North 20th Street Philadelphia, PA 19103
When: November 25, 2016 – April 23, 2017
Pro Tip: You may want to buy tickets in advance to reserve a date/time, particularly if you are going during a busy weekend.
3) Center City District Restaurant Week: Check out over 100 restaurants! Get three course lunches for $20 and three course dinners for $35.
Where: Center City
When: January 22, 2017 – January 27, 2017 and January 29 – February 3, 2017
Pro Tip: You can make reservations on OpenTable.com in advance at most restaurants from the link below.
4) Philadelphia International Flower Show: This show has been honored by the International Festivals & Events Association as the best event in the world. Not surprisingly, it attracts over a quarter million visitors a year! See the convention center completely transformed with breathtaking garden and floral displays.
When: March 11, 2017 – March 19, 2017
Where: Pennsylvania Convention Center 12th and Arch Streets Philadelphia, PA 19107
5) Grab an Afternoon Tea: Be transported to London as you indulge in an afternoon tea in the luxury and classic setting of a 5-star hotel.
Where: The Rittenhouse Hotel – 210 West Rittenhouse Square, Philadelphia, PA, 19103 – Mary Cassatt Tea Room.
When: 2-5pm daily
Pro Tip: The hotel recommends a reservation. Check out the link below for more information.
When you first move to a city like Philadelphia, it isn't quite as easy to figure out where to live and what to do. Luckily, you don't have to ask hundreds of people when you have some of the most genuine resources at your fingertips. If you want to know more about...