Northeast Philadelphia is a beautiful, large area about 25 minutes away from Center City Philadelphia. Well-appointed neighborhoods with beautiful houses (single family with large yards, townhomes, condominiums and rental apartment communities), excellent shopping access, diverse world-class eateries and pubs, and extensive green open spaces.
Whether you are coming to town for a visit or already live in the area, check out this article for a list of fun things to do in and around Northeast Philadelphia.
1. Go for a walk or run along Pennypack Trail, a 5.4-mile trail or along the trails of Pennypack Park. You can even take your dog on a leash along this trail.
2. Have a picnic or visit some of the largest parks in the area – Pennypack Park or Benjamin Rush State Park.
3. Enjoy a game of golf at John F Byrne Golf Club, one of the most popular golf courses in the city that sits along Leon Street.
4. Go to one of the world’s best waterparks – Sesame Place – in Langhorne, PA, which is just outside Northeast Philly.
5. Visit a Working Farm at the Fox Chase Farm, a 112-acre educational working farm located on 8500 Pine Road.
6. Take the kids to playground – Lackman Playground in Bustleton boasts a new spray ground, a trike track, a pool, sports fields and much more.
7. Enjoy playing games at Dave and Buster’s in Franklin Mills, a family-friendly chain offering a myriad of arcade games and pub-style American food.
8. See some insects at Philadelphia Insectarium and Butterfly Pavilion located on 8046 Frankford Ave.
9. Enjoy a few high jumps, freestyle bouncing, dodgeball, fitness programs and more at Skyzone Trampoline Park.
10. Go Roller Blading at the Palace Roller Skating Center, a long-running rink offering different skating options for kids and adults alike.
11. Enjoy the beautiful architecture portrayed at the Bryn Athyn Cathedral, Cairnwood Estates and Ryerss Museum, all boasting stunning architecture and unparalleled aesthetic charm. Bryn Athyn Cathedral and Cairnwood estates are in a neighboring suburb but very close to NE Philly
12. Go to a garden at Glen Foerd Estate, a historic mansion located in the in the Torresdale neighborhood of Northeast Philly.
13. Grab an amazing meal at some world-class restaurants in Northeast Philadelphia, including Macaroni’s for Italian, Al-Sham for Middle Eastern, and Picanha Brazilian Steakhouse for South American fare.
14. Get Artsy at Blooming Artist Studio located at 7971 Oxford Ave in Northeast Philly.
15. Play tennis at Northeast Racquet Club or in free outdoor courts at Torresdale or Palmer Playground.
16. Visit an old-school arcade at TNT Amusements in near by Bucks County.
17. Play ice hockey at Flyers Skate Zone. You can even skate or take hockey or skating lessons and so much more here.
18. Head to a casino for a show or play a few games at the Parx Casino in Bensalem.
19. See a variety of shows at the nearby Keswick Theatre in Glenside.
20. Enjoy a game of mini golf at Burholme Park Golf Center that can be found in Burholme Park in Fox Chase.
21. See a light show at Shady Brook Farm – Not far away in near by Bucks County, enjoy a fantastic holiday light show at Shady Brook Farm (seasonal). The farm also has other year round activities to enjoy including a full fall festival.
22. See a Horse Polo Match – In nearby Bucks County, you can catch a real life Polo match on Saturday’s from May to October. Check the schedule and website for more information.
And if you happen to get bored of all these things to do, Center City is not too far to enjoy plenty more of what Philly has to offer.