Imperial Manor III
1170 Surrey RD, Philadelphia 19115
All of the buildings bearing the “Imperial Manor” name were designed to be sold as condominiums. Unlike its sister buildings, Imperial Manor III Apartments in Northeast Philadelphia was intentionally marketed as rental apartments, but constructed with the full complement of upgraded features typical of high end luxury condominiums. The building was designed for the individual or family looking for an apartment that had an elevator so as to avoid steps, a trash chute within the building to avoid carrying the trash to an outside dumpster (especially in inclement weather), and a pool and clubhouse for relaxation, exercise and entertainment. They wanted a special building, one that was secure (cameras are installed at all entrances and access is controlled by intercom/buzzer), elegancy (the building features a professionally decorated two story lobby, mezzanine, custom lighting and carpets) and convenience for their family and long time friends. They wanted to remain in Northeast Philadelphia but live a different lifestyle. Today, the Imperial Manor III Apartments still caters to that same individual and family.
The Imperial Manor III Apartments location offers its residents the comfort and lifestyle typically found in single family suburban homes, but with the all of the inherent advantages and benefits offered by living in a major metropolitan city like Philadelphia.
Public transportation, in the form of the West Trenton and Fox Chase SEPTA Regional Rail train lines, is just minutes away. The trains run as often as every 20 minutes at peak times. A Bottom Dollar Supermarket, Rite Aid drug store, and dozens of smaller retail store and restaurants are all within walking distance. Imperial Manor III Apartments are located minutes from the suburbs of Montgomery and Bucks County with easy access to US-1, I-95 and the PA Turnpike. These artery highways and the trains connect the residents of the Imperial Manor III Apartments to the cultural, art, and entertainment center of downtown Philadelphia, but at a fraction of the cost of living downtown.
All of the apartment homes at Imperial Manor III feature incredibly spacious rooms, an abundance of closet space, including walk-in closets, and kitchens large enough for a table and chairs, and huge separate dining and living rooms. There are a variety of layouts to choose from including one- and two-bedrooms, which also come equipped with two bathrooms. The apartments feature an open floor plan for furnishing flexibility.
Each apartment has its own washer and dryer; each equipped with a massive balcony with nine foot glass sliding doors allowing for natural light to stream throughout the apartment. During the day, the apartment is bright without turning on the lights, as natural light streams through the balcony and literally bathes the apartment in its glow. Residents enjoy opening the door for the fresh breeze, the warm sun, and the ability to relax on their private balcony. The Imperial Manor III is suited for young and retirees, alike. The building is completely barrier free as a result of a rear ramp, and the building elevators.
An incredibly important aspect of Imperial Manor III Apartments is the quality and design of the construction. If you ever lived in other apartments, you certainly understand the importance of sound and fire control. Sound control is perhaps the most important component that affects the quality of life of a resident, and while fire control should be the most important feature in choosing a place to live, it is the most over looked component. Fire safety is provided by exterior brick walls, eight-inch concrete party walls, and eight-inch concrete floors which encapsulates all first floor apartments and separates the first and second floor apartments. The same systems, which offer fire safety, work to control sound. The concrete floors and walls at Imperial Manor III controls noise at levels many times greater than any engineered wooden floor (the construction of most other buildings in and around Philadelphia) could possibly provide.
The location’s features, and design of Imperial Manor III is certainly very impressive, but even more impressive are its residents. They are simply wonderful, caring people. A vast majority of the Imperial Manor III residents have lived here for over ten years, some as long as twenty years. Of course, we welcome residents that intend to stay for a shorter period.
- NEW FEATURE: Apartments have energy efficient interior lighting package
- All Brick/Masonry Construction for Fire Safety and Sound Control
- Concrete floors/ceilings for Sound Control and Fire Safety
- Swimming Pool with beach chairs, umbrellas and tables
- Large Club Room
- Intercom and Security System
- Magnificent Lobby
- Elevator and Handicap ramp to building
- Trash compactor within building
- Hard Wired Smoke Detectors and Electronic Sounding Device in each Apartment
- Beautiful Landscaped Grounds
- ACTIVE SOCIAL CLUB WITH SOCIAL DIRECTOR
- Emergency maintenance service 24/7 with “Hotline” for your safety and convenience
- All real wood oak Kitchen Cabinets
- Eat in Kitchens
- Range Frost Free Refrigerators, Dishwasher and Disposal in each Apartment
- Large Balcony in every Apartment
- Extremely Large Walk in Closets
- All Apartments have Washer/Dryer in Apartment
- Modern Ceramic Tiled Bathrooms
- Cable T.V. and high speed internet available
- Gas Heat, Cooking, and Hot Water
- Individually Controlled Central Air Conditioning and Heating
- Short drive to numerous movies and other shopping venues
- Within walking distance of Bottom Dollar Food Market, Rite Aid Drug Store, Famous Delicatessen and other shopping
- Within walking distance to Churches and Synagogues
- Located within walking distance of modern “Y” with exercise rooms, indoor pool, organized activities (Plays and Art)
- Very close to Septa R3 Train line, and bus stops in Front of Building
- Located in a very quiet established neighborhood
- Beautiful Pennypack Park with walking and bike trails directly across from buildings